If you run into unexpected car trouble, roadside assistance will keep you protected. With coverage from 24-hour towing to emergency delivery, Birchwood offers the best roadside assistance in Winnipeg so you’ll be looked after every time you drive.
We’ll give you all the details on why you might want to invest in roadside assistance, what packages Birchwood offers and other places you can purchase roadside assistance in Winnipeg.
What is roadside assistance?
Roadside assistance is essentially extra maintenance coverage that will help you if your vehicle breaks down. Think of it as an addition to your vehicle insurance policy. In a situation where you get a flat tire, a service provider would be dispatched to your vehicle and either repair your tire or give you a tow. Some of the services you could get with roadside assistance may include:
- Towing or flat tire service
- Battery service
- Fuel or supplies delivery
- Lockout service
- Mechanical service
Why should you get roadside assistance?
Having roadside assistance in Winnipeg will give you peace of mind when you’re on the road. You’ll likely feel more at ease knowing help will be sent if you run into any mechanical errors, tire problems or other emergencies.
What does Birchwood Roadside Assistance offer?
Birchwood Roadside Assistance has comprehensive coverage designed to keep you safe and protected, no matter what you encounter on the road.
Here is what Birchwood Roadside Assistance offers:
- 24-Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance: This covers emergency road service throughout Canada and the United States, no matter the time of day.
- 24-Hour Towing Service: If your car is not driveable, we’ll tow it to the nearest Birchwood dealership within 80 kilometres or to the nearest service station within 8 kilometres. Any extended distance will be an additional expense.
- 24-Hour Mechanical First Aid: We will travel to you and complete any minor adjustments (exclusive of parts) to get your vehicle up-and-running again.
- 24-Hour Tire Change Service: If you get a flat or damage a tire, we will replace it with your functional spare tire.
- 24-Hour Emergency Delivery: If you are in need of emergency supplies such as gasoline, water or oil, a service truck will deliver them to your vehicle. You only pay for the supplies and we take care of the delivery.
- 24-Hour Emergency Battery Service: If you’re on the road and need a battery boost or minor adjustments to parts like alternators or starters, we’ve got you covered.
- 24-Hour Lost Key Service: If you lock your keys inside your vehicle, we’ll help you get inside the vehicle’s passenger compartment. At an additional charge, we can also dispatch a locksmith if you need extra services like new keys.
- Rental Car Discounts: Birchwood Roadside Assistance entitles you to discounts on rental cars as well as pre-negotiated group rates which are honoured at thousands of locations nationwide.
- Map Routing Service: We’ll provide you with four-colour mapping and travel route information if you need some extra direction while travelling.
- Theft and Hit & Run Protection: If your vehicle is stolen or suffers hit and run damages, we offer a $500 reward to anyone with information leading to the arrest or conviction of the person responsible.
When you service your vehicle at any Birchwood dealership, you are also eligible for complimentary Roadside Assistance coverage for the 6 months following your service. We want to give you the opportunity to feel extra safe on the road.
What are other places to purchase roadside assistance in Winnipeg?
Though Birchwood Roadside Assistance gives you great bang for your buck, there are other places in Winnipeg that offer roadside assistance packages:
- OnStar. OnStar offers various services including automatic crash response, emergency services, roadside assistance, crisis assist, stolen vehicle assistance and turn-by-turn navigation. OnStar installs sensors in your vehicle that alert them of collisions and other emergencies. Their packages range from $14.99 to $62.99 per month.
- CAA. If you have roadside assistance with CAA, you can request service with a phone call, through the website or on the CAA app – just make sure you have your membership number. CAA offers bike assist, drive you home, fuels and flats, motorcycle rescue, service tracker and vehicle lockout coverage. The cost of roadside assistance varies depending on your membership type (or if you’re not a member) so be sure to check out the website for more information.
- Canadian Tire. Canadian Tire offers roadside assistance plans for single drivers, single vehicles or the whole family. Their services include towing, battery boost, flat tire change, fuel delivery, extrication and winching, lockout service, trip accident assistance and even trip planning. Their plans range from $69.95 to $289.95 per year depending on the coverage you’re looking for.
The more safe you feel on the road, the better. If you’d like to get set up with Birchwood Roadside Assistance, our customer service representatives will be happy to get you started. Feel free to contact us at 1-866-612-0499 or book a service appointment on our website.
Car shopping can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. If you need a bad credit car loan, our credit experts can help you through the process. Check out our Car Loan Calculator to figure out your budget and if you think you’re ready to get pre-approved, fill out an application.