DISCLOSURE & CONSENT
“Birchwood” refers to The Megill-Stephenson Company Limited and its subsidiaries carrying on business as the Birchwood Automotive Group (“Birchwood”). In this Credit Application, “you,” “your,” and “yours,” mean the Applicant and each Co-Applicant. “We,” “us,” and “our” means Birchwood Automotive Group and any Financier. “Information” means personal, financial, credit, and other details about you that you provide to us and/or we obtain from others outside the organization, including through the products and services you use. “Manufacturer” means the manufacturer of the vehicle you are purchasing through this loan and its agents and suppliers.
You agree that Birchwood may obtain, use, and share Information set out in this Credit Application.
CONSENT TO OBTAIN, USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
1. For the purpose of validating your identity and reviewing and verifying your creditworthiness for the potential purchase or lease of vehicles, now and from time-to-time in the future, you agree we may obtain, use, retain, and share Information about you with the following: you, credit reporting agencies, governmental agencies responsible for registration of vehicles and/or recording of driver’s license information, other lenders, and other suppliers of goods and services to you.
2. You certify all Information in this Credit Application is true, accurate, and complete.
3. You authorize Birchwood and/or its representatives or agents, by your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions on the Application form, to conduct any and all checks from time-to-time with respect to your background and to contact you in connection with such checks. These checks will include but are not limited to; reference checks from time to time, financial checks, employment verification checks, driver’s license record information, and motor vehicle registration information. You authorize the Motor Vehicle Division and any other parties to release the information to Birchwood and their agent.
4. Your acceptance has been given voluntarily.
5. You are informed and understand to what you are consenting.
6. Your consent herein is valid from today’s date and remains in effect until you notify us that you withdraw your consent.
We only use your personal information for the purposes identified above. Access to your personal information is limited to those employees of Birchwood who need to have access to it.
We may use your personal information to provide products and services to you such as: to obtain a license for your vehicle; to obtain a credit report if you’re financing or leasing your vehicle; to obtain appropriate financing of your vehicle for you; to provide you with a reminder that your vehicle requires servicing; and to provide you with updates and information regarding products and services that we have to offer and which we think will be of interest to you.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information with third parties, such as the manufacturer of your vehicle and its related companies; the providers of products or services relating to your vehicle; credit reporting agencies; financial institutions or financing companies; and your insurance agent or company and companies which provide or insure warranties relating to your vehicle. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted by law to do so.
We retain your personal information as long as we believe you are still the owner of the vehicle. If the information relates to the financing or lease of the vehicle, we retain personal information relating to the financing or lease arrangements as long as those arrangements are in place. If the information relates to the service or repair of your vehicle, we retain the personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to address any issues arising from the service or repair of your vehicle or as may be required by law. If there are legal requirements relating to the period of time that we must retain your personal information, we comply with those requirements.
Most of the personal information we collect is necessary for us to sell or lease you your vehicle; to provide products and services related to the vehicle; to assist you in the financing or leasing of your vehicle; or to provide service to your vehicle. We cannot do this without that personal information. Similarly, we must disclose your personal information as described above in order to sell you the vehicle; to provide products and services related to the vehicle; to assist you in arrangements for financing or leasing; or to provide servicing to your vehicle. If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information in a particular way, please contact our GROUP PRIVACY OFFICER and we will be pleased to discuss with you how we can limit collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
You have the right to access the personal information we have about you and to request the personal information that you believe to be inaccurate be corrected. If you wish to access your personal information, you should contact our GROUP PRIVACY OFFICER who will be pleased to assist you.