There are many different reasons why someone would buy a car in Manitoba. And while it may seem unconventional, some people may want to buy a car without a license! But can you?
The shorter answer is yes, you can buy a car with no license. While you don’t need a license to make a purchase, you’re legally obligated to have vehicle registration, insurance and a license in order to drive a vehicle. You can also purchase a vehicle if you have a learner’s license – a full license is not required.
Why purchase a vehicle if I can’t drive it?
There are many reasons someone would buy a car without a license. Here’s a few of them!
- The vehicle is a gift. If you’re giving a vehicle to a loved one, you don’t require a license. However, the vehicle title must be in the gift receiver’s name and you’ll have to have someone with a valid driver’s license take it off the lot.
- The vehicle is for your business. If you’re a business owner and require a fleet for your business and employees, you can make the purchase, as long as your employees have valid licenses.
- The vehicle is for a caregiver. If you have a disability and require a car to travel with your caregiver, you can absolutely purchase the vehicle.
- The vehicle is for your collection. Maybe you’re an avid car collector and want to add a new one to your collection! Just because you don’t drive doesn’t mean collecting can’t be a hobby.
What do you need to buy a car at Birchwood Credit?
At Birchwood Credit, we accept all credit types so you can get into a new vehicle, regardless of your credit score. We do our best to help all customers and our purchasing terms are very inclusive.
- You don’t need a license to purchase a vehicle.
- You don’t have to be a permanent resident – newcomers are welcome!
- You don’t have to have perfect credit.
- You must have an income of at least $1,500 per month.
Fill out our online Car Loan Application Form to get a car loan pre-approval within 48 hours. Whether you’re looking to purchase a vehicle for someone else, a first vehicle for you or upgrade your current ride, our credit experts are happy to help!
You can also check out our 12 tips for first-time car buyers.