If you need to lease a car in Winnipeg, you may be wondering which dealership is the best choice. Learn why Birchwood is the best option when you need a car lease in Winnipeg.
IN THIS POST, WE COVER:
- What a car lease is
- Benefits of leasing vs. buying
- Why Birchwood is the best place for leasing cars and SUVs in Winnipeg
- How to read the fine print on a car lease
When you need a new or used car or SUV, you may be wondering whether it makes more sense to lease or buy. If you opt to lease, it’s important to do your research to figure out which dealership is the best for your budget and needs. Winnipeg residents can turn to Birchwood Automotive Group for their car leasing needs. If you’re ready to get your next car or SUV, learn why Birchwood is your go-to choice for the best car lease Winnipeg has to offer.
What a car lease is
When you buy a car, either by paying cash or financing the purchase, the end goal is to own the vehicle. In that sense, it’s kind of like buying a home. Leasing, on the other hand, is different.
Leasing a car means that you enter into an agreement with the leasing company or dealership to drive the vehicle for a set period of time. For example, you might lease a car in Winnipeg for anywhere from 12 to 60 months. In exchange for the privilege of driving the car, you make a monthly lease payment to the dealer.
At the end of the lease term, you may have one of several options open to you. First, you could return the vehicle and lease a different car or SUV for a new term. Second, you can continue driving the car and sign a new lease. Or third, you could purchase the car outright and own it instead of leasing it. You could then turn around and sell the car down the line.
Just like applying for a car loan, the leasing company will check your credit and income to make sure you qualify for a lease. Your credit history and financials can also determine what kind of lease terms you’re eligible for and which vehicles you can lease.
Benefits of leasing vs. buying
There are a few things that can make leasing a car more attractive than buying one. You might choose to lease instead of buy if:
- You want to drive a newer car. Leasing can be a great choice if you want to drive a new car, without paying new car prices to buy one. You can switch to the latest model every few years as your lease term expires without being tied down to any one vehicle.
- You’re hoping for a lower monthly payment. Depending on how your lease terms are structured, leasing could leave you with a lower monthly payment compared to buying a car. The reason is that when you lease, you’re basically making payments against the car’s depreciation.
- You want the option to buy without the obligation. Leasing a car gives you a chance to take it for an extended test drive to decide if it’s a good fit for your lifestyle. At the end of the lease, you have the opportunity to buy it if you’d like to but you’re not committed to doing so.
- You don’t want to worry about car maintenance. Though it’s not always the case, some leasing companies will agree to pay for basic maintenance and upkeep as part of the lease agreement. This means that you don’t have the added cost of doing oil changes or tune-ups, the way you would if you were buying a car. You would, however, likely have to pay for any major repairs or other maintenance costs unless they’re specified in the lease agreement.
Why Birchwood is the best for leasing cars and SUVs in Winnipeg
Not every leasing company or car dealership is alike and who you choose to work with matters. Ideally, if you want to get a car lease in Winnipeg, you’re taking your time to find the dealer that has your needs and best interests in mind.
Birchwood Automotive Group takes pride in offering the best leasing experience for drivers in Winnipeg. We have an extensive inventory of new and used cars, trucks, SUVS, crossover vehicles and minivans to match up with virtually any type of lifestyle. All financing is done in-house and we work with drivers from a variety of credit backgrounds, including individuals who are recovering from bankruptcy as well as newcomers to Canada who are still building credit.
The minimum qualifications for a car loan or lease are simple and you can be approved even if you’ve been denied for a car lease in Winnipeg previously. To qualify for financing, here’s what you’ll need:
- Canadian resident status.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- At least $1,500 in monthly income.
It’s possible to qualify for lease financing if you haven’t lived in Canada that long or if you’re a new driver looking for your first car. While credit scores and credit history are taken into account, we look at your broader financial picture to help find the leasing and financing solution that’s right for you. For example, we’ll consider your income, savings and other assets to determine what kind of car or SUV lease will work best. Our payment terms are flexible enough to accommodate almost any budget because at the end of the day, our goal is to help you lease your next vehicle so there are no delays in getting on the road.
How to read the fine print on a car lease
If you’ve found the perfect car lease Winnipeg has to offer, take your time before signing off. Review your car lease terms so that you’re aware of:
- How long you’re leasing the vehicle for.
- What your monthly lease payment amounts to.
- Whether there are any upfront charges or fees you’ll have to pay to finalize your lease.
- What your options are for re-leasing, returning or purchasing the vehicle once your lease term expires.
- How many miles you’re allowed to drive per year.
- Who’s responsible for basic maintenance and what type of maintenance is required.
It’s particularly important to make sure you’re observing the guidelines concerning mileage and maintenance. It’s typical for most leasing agreements to limit the number of miles you can drive per year. Exceeding that limit could trigger a penalty fee once you return the vehicle. You could also get hit with a penalty fee if you return a leased vehicle with an atypical amount of wear and tear. Knowing in advance what terms are spelled out in your lease agreement can help you avoid any surprise charges down the road.
We review the difference between leasing vs buying a car in Canada, the pros and cons of each and what you should ask yourself before you choose a purchasing path.
Birchwood Credit Solutions can help you find the best vehicle to lease in Winnipeg. Our inventory covers a wide variety of vehicles and we aim to make the financing process as easy as possible for you. Contact us today to discuss leasing options and terms so you can get behind the wheel of your next vehicle. Or if you’re interested in buying rather than leasing, take a few minutes to complete our quick and easy online loan application.