What’s one of the many reasons Canada is a great place to live? Countless Canadian businesses offer discounts for senior citizens!
Senior discounts are so significant. With limited budgets on fixed pensions, budgeting can be tricky. These discounts are also a way that our country gives thanks to those who have spent a lifetime contributing to society. Read on for discounts on fast food, grocery, retailers, entertainment and more!
55+ senior discounts in Canada
A friendly reminder: discounts may vary from store to store so we recommend confirming the discount with the location you choose to visit.
- M&M Food Market: 60+ save 10% every Tuesday both online (with code SENIORSDAY) and in-store
- Bulk Barn: 10% off for 65+ every Wednesday
- Safeway: Earn and redeem points with a Scene card
- Giant Tiger: 10% off for 60+ on first Monday of the month
- Shoppers Drug Mart: Seniors save 20% every Thursday with a PC Optimum card
- Rexall: Every Tuesday, seniors aged 55+ save 20% on regular-priced items with a Be Well Rewards card
- Pharmasave: Collect and spend points with a Pharmasave card
- McDonald’s: Discounted coffee for seniors aged 55+ at participating locations
- Taco Bell: Free drink for seniors 65+ and at least 5% off meal (varies by location)
- Burger King: Discounted and sometimes free coffee (age not specified)
- A&W: 10% off for 60+ at some locations • Arby’s: 10% off for 55+ (only select locations)
- Subway: 10% off for 60+
- Smitty’s: Rewards members that are 65+ receive double points on the first Tuesday of every month, a free meal on their birthday and more
- Parks Canada: discount for 65+ (discount may vary)
- Landmark Cinemas: every Monday, seniors 65+ get 20% off senior’s admission price and concessions
- Cineplex: discounts for 65+ on cheap Tuesday and regular admission days
- Via Rail: 10% off for 60+ with a CAA card
- Greyhound: 5% off for 62+
- The Bay: 15% off for 60+ on the first Tuesday of the month for those with HBC Rewards
- Michaels: 10% off regular and sales items every day for 55+
- Value Village: 30% for seniors every Tuesday at select locations
- Rona: 15% off regular-priced products for 50+ on the first Tuesday of the month
- Home Hardware: 10% senior discount at select locations. No set day or age
*Check with your bank for specific rebates and offers.
- BMO: No monthly plan fee with the Practical Plan, free savings account and discount on chequing accounts
- National Bank of Canada: No flat monthly fee for those 65+
- RBC: 60+ get free ATM transactions, in-branch debit transactions, cheque writing and more with an RBC Sixty Plus Account
- Scotiabank: 60+ get lower monthly fees on chequing accounts and package plans
- CIBC: 60+ get chequing and savings accounts with low monthly fees, free Interac e-transfers and annual discounts
- TD: Offers a 60 Plus Checking account with discounts
Check out this list for additional discounts in the above categories and more. Looking for more ways to save money? Check out our blogs on budgeting for a new car and this list of good financial habits
Bad Credit Car Loans In Winnipeg Made Easy
At Birchwood Credit, we specialize in helping people with less than perfect credit purchase a vehicle. We understand the challenges that come with being in a difficult financial situation and are here to help you through the process. Click here if you are looking for more information on bad credit car loans in Winnipeg.
At Birchwood Credit, we’ve taken special consideration in reopening our offices. There is hand sanitizer available at every entrance, increased sanitization in high-traffic areas, out-of dealership test drives and the option to purchase a vehicle without contact.